Text from page 9:
Search for Classmates, Friends, and Family in one
of the Largest Collections of Online Yearbooks!
Your membership with E-Yearbook.com
provides these benefits:
- Instant Access to Millions of Yearbook Pictures Online
- Full Access to High-Resolution, Full-Color Images
- Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
- Access College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
- Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
1. Denslow, May. Born 1880 at Hooper, Neb. Preparatory and three
years collegiate work was done at Cornell college, lowa. She will call
U. of N. Alma Mater, where she deems it a pleasure to have spent the
last year of her school life. During this time, though short, her charm-
ing personality has won for her many warm friends.
2. Swan, O. T. This man will always sing you a swan-song for love
of fair ladies. He is continually dying from unrequited passion and as
often resuscitatecl by false hopes. His heart's ever at auction, knocking
itself down to the first bidder, but the fair one comes not, and his soul is
dark as his midnight locks.
3. Brookings, Alice. Chi Omega. A Tekamah girl who jokes the world,
rain or shine. Too bright for a dig. Besides her brains, her brown eyes
have helped her through many critical moments. Known as one of the
Three Graces. Enjoys Dr. Jones's classes. W3gG1'S on her ability to sell
Y. VV. C. A. calendars. A close friend of Librarian Wyer.
4. Elson, Thomas H. Comes from Falls City and entered the Univer-
sity to learn the intricacies of the engineering profession. This did not
suit him, so he changed to the elective course to be in more congenial
company, it is said, because girls don't take engineering. He is "solid"
and in this connection we might easily be guilty of a stale pun, but we
5. Sly, Elva Lorena. Phi Beta Kappa. Captains the Girls' Basket Ball
team, on which she has played for three years. Is serving her second
semester as class treasurer, fulfilling her responsible duties in a -highly
creditable manner. ' Has the reputation of being the most brilliant stu-
dent ever in the German department. Her excellent scholarship is
attested by her merited election to Phi Beta Kappa.
6. Lovitt, Wnn. Vernon. An "unknown Variable," claims Vlfhiting,
Kan., as origin. He has moved in elliptical and parabolic curves in
Illinois, Iowa, and Nebraska until he found a lfocus at the University.
He has missed the last car from University Place frequently since that
sad night. He will wield the rod a year.
7. Maxwell, Anna. Phi Beta Kappa, Chi Omega. Noted among her
friends for her intellect and her sunny disposition. Got Phi Beta Kappa,
but then we all expected her to. She is going to Wellesley next year.
She expects to go to Europe
Mayhaps with a young man who'll cure up
Sick folks some day.
That's why she's learnin' German-
So the Deutchers whom they meet
What they say-
For she can spout the German
And he professional learnin'
YVhich all medics think they know.
8. Harter, Leonard L. Native of Odell. Neb, Delights in telling tales
of the farm to the credulous Freshman. He is the real live "Foxey
Grandpa." He is a member of the Glee club and won fame on the Alpha
Theta Chi bowling team. A Hue botanist and a good fellow.