Text from page 11:
Search for Classmates, Friends, and Family in one
of the Largest Collections of Online Yearbooks!
Your membership with E-Yearbook.com
provides these benefits:
- Instant Access to Millions of Yearbook Pictures Online
- Full Access to High-Resolution, Full-Color Images
- Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
- Access College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
- Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
The main building of the MIDLAND school was com-
pleted in 1914, and the school was commissioned in 1921.
The gym was completed in 1925. A music room and cafe-
teria were added in 1946.
The first organizational meeting was held in 1950. Mr.
A. I. Messick, the principal, acted as chairman. The
first group was called the Alumni Banquet. In the early
years, the senior class president was also president of the
Alumni Banquet. In 1958, the name was changed to
M.H.S. ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, and the officers elected
thereafter were alumni. The Association meets the Satur-
day night before Easter.
The present officers are William D. Michael, presidentg
Nathan Z. Bridwell, treasurer, Karl Keller, vice-presi-
dentg and Edward Ayers, secretary. Ayers has served as
secretary since first elected in 1958.
The JASONVILLE school on South Meridian was com-
pleted in 1904. The high school was commissioned and the
first class was graduated in 1908. In 1910 the building was
overcrowded and an additional grade building was com-
pleted on South Park Avenue. The gym was added in
At the 3rd annual Homecoming, which was sponsored by
the Lions Club, there were 17 graduates and 17 guests
present at the dinner. It was at that dinner that the
IASONVILLE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION was organized. Rob-
ert Corbin was the first president. Present officers are
Michael Orman, president, Hazel Gassman, treasurer, and
Judy Taylor, Ian Enstrom, and Ailsa Corbin, secretaries.
Homecoming and banquet are held late in September,
with a parade, pancake breakfast, and dances as part of
the festivities .
The first graduating class of
the MSD OP SHAKAMAK was in
1964. The first phase of the build-
ing program, the high school, was
complete for the 1966-67 school
year. The second phase, high
school east wing, gymnasium, and
elementary was in use the 1969-70
The third phase, the west wing of
the elementary, was completed for
The MIDDLE SCHOOL at Coalmont
houses the sixth and seventh grades.