Text from page 11:
Search for Classmates, Friends, and Family in one
of the Largest Collections of Online Yearbooks!
Your membership with E-Yearbook.com
provides these benefits:
- Instant Access to Millions of Yearbook Pictures Online
- Full Access to High-Resolution, Full-Color Images
- Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
- Access College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
- Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
THE KUAY ANNUAL
T116 NEW 1Ul1I1lCI-BX
UEEN ANNES new annex was officially dedicated in the auditorium on
November 22, 1928. F. A. Naraniore, architect, presented the building, and
speeches of acceptance were given by Superintendent Thomas H. Cole, O. B. Thor-
grimson, vice-president of the School Board, and the following members of the Board:
lf. B. Holmes, Dr. C. W. Sharples, Dr. Edward Lincoln Smith and Reuben Jones. Mrs.
llarry DuBois represented the Queen Anne High School District and Harry Webster,
president of the Boysl Club, spoke for the students of Queen Anne.
Work was started on the annex in January, 1928, and finished in November, 1928,
marking the end of the congested conditions then prevalent at Queen Anne. Twelve
classrooms, a botany laboratory, a greenhouse, music room, boys' gymnasium, and a
large auditorium compose one of the finest additions to any Seattle school. Th--
original sum was increased to 3400,000 necessary to complete work on the annex.
With a seating capacity of over 1500, the auditorium is considered the finest
in the city. lts ceiling is of fibrous material having excellent acoustic qualities. The
stage is thirty feet by seventy feet. The walls and front stage are paneled attractively.
making an unusually fine-looking room.
The boys' gymnasium is spacious and well illuminated with skylights. The seating
capacity is 500. Splendid lockers, shower and dressing rooms are directly accessible.
Queen Anne students are greatly indebted to the Seattle School Board for their gen-
erous provision for all the needs of the school. Donoruv Ti1oMPsoN.