Text from page 14:
Search for Classmates, Friends, and Family in one
of the Largest Collections of Online Yearbooks!
Your membership with E-Yearbook.com
provides these benefits:
- Instant Access to Millions of Yearbook Pictures Online
- Full Access to High-Resolution, Full-Color Images
- Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
- Access College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
- Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
Deck Department comes under the supervision of three officers and two chiefs. It is responsible
for the overall upkeep of the exterior of the ship and the ship's boats. All the personnel for underway
bridge watches as well as winchmen, riggers, boatswain's mates, etc. for underway replenishment are
supplied by deck.
First Division is responsible for all topside spaces forward of the "house" or superstructure
while Second Division is responsible for all spaces aft of the superstructure. The primary duties of
the Deck Department consist of painting, maintaining lines, wires, and rigging.
Third Division, or the Gunner's Mates, are responsible for the ship's twin 40mm gun mounts. In
addition the third division maintains the ammunition magazines and small arms in the ship's armory.