Text from page 11:
Search for Classmates, Friends, and Family in one
of the Largest Collections of Online Yearbooks!
Your membership with E-Yearbook.com
provides these benefits:
- Instant Access to Millions of Yearbook Pictures Online
- Full Access to High-Resolution, Full-Color Images
- Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
- Access College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
- Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
What is now known as Morris Catholic
High School was oilicially brought into
existence September 17, 1957, by the
Most Reverend James A. McNulty,
Bishop of Paterson.
The senior class desires to see in their
1967 Shield a commemoration of the
tenth anniversary of their Alma Mater,
even though the official celebration will
be deferred until September 1967.
In the past decade Morris Catholic has
had three Directors and principals. The
lirst director was the Reverend Louis
J. Gallog the second the Reverend John
A. Sullivan. His successor is the Rev-
erend Anthony McLoughlin, the present
director. Sister M. Arlene, Sister M.
Francine and Sister M. Joan of Arc,
Sisters of Christian Charity, are the
principals who planned the curriculum
and the co-curricular activities for the
student body that has increased to the
present enrollment of six hundred and
thirty boys and girls.
Now Morris Catholic is looking forward
to the new extension planned by the
Most Reverend Lawrence B. Casey,
Bishop of Paterson. Facilities will be
much more ample, library and science
labs will be extended, and classrooms
will be added.
In the ensuing ten years everyone hopes
that Morris Catholic will still be saluted
for its winning ways and giving heart.
PRESENT at the dedication were Reverend Mother M. Augustllde and Reverend
Louis Gallo, first director of Morris Catholic High School.
UNDER construction Morris Catholic's gymnasium lies in waiting for the forthcoming arrival of future inhabitants.