High-Resolution, Full Color Images Available Online
Search, Browse, Read, and Print Yearbook Pages
View College, High School, and Military Yearbooks
Browse our digital annual library spanning centuries
Support the Schools in our Program by Subscribing
Page 14 text:
- In 1492 Columbus discovered America. This discovery sent thousands of people
from different countries to this new land. Now over hundreds of years later, Cortez
celebrates America - together.
The 1987 Homecoming theme, Cortez Celebrates America, has the traditional
red, white and blue colors and floats representing them.
The Homecoming weeks activities were on Thursday and Friday giving students
and teachers time to prepare. Thursday was red, white and blue day. The lunch
time activity was for students from each of the classes to go on stage and sing
"Yankee Doodle." There were many variations of the song. The original author of
"Yankee Doodle" would have been pleased. Friday was spirit day. The band mar-
ched through the hall ways with the cheerleaders behind cheering and chanting for
a victorious night. The school was decorated to the lowest lows and the highest
high. The Friday's lunch time activity was for students from each class to find a
gumball in a pan filled with whipped cream. The results were undescribable.
The 1987 Homecoming was celebrated with liberty and pride. This Homecoming
will be remembered in the future.
Story by: Rona Pride.
Layout by: Bobby States
Photos by: Dean Schlenker and
10 HOMECOMING WEEK
Page 13 text:
. . wo,
FE 5 t
s ig Q fi
if .-tml. rr-IW" E W if
1. Seniors celebrate relay race victory.
2. Coach Leikvold shows his spirit during homecoming assembly.
3. Tiffany Higgins and Athea Every work on cheering tor the discover
4. Junior Shagufta Mulla and freshman Becky Victor wait for art class to
5. Senior, Tracy Kurtzman shows her spirit on red, white and blue day.
6. On their way to Ms. Sansoms class are Brad Osmick and Richard Clark
7. At halftime of the homecoming game, S.A.D.D. paraded their banner
around the track.
8. Senior, Shannon May gets involved in the assembly.
HOMECOMING WEEK 9
Page 15 text:
, I L44 51214. V' M ,Q
, ., ,:'
at XX? 5
l. Norman Long and Eric Bramlett seniors, compete in a lun-
chtime activity during Homecoming.
2. Many people seem to be having a good time at the
3. Kim Edmonson senior, goes through her routine during
4. Terry Matlock senior, is left all by himselfafter the assembly.
5. Senior, Mark Fialkosky takes a break between classes.
6. Debbie Davis senior really enjoys her pan in the relay
7. Senior, Dean Barnella andjunior Louie De La Cruz discuss
HOMECOMING WEEK 1 l
Suggestions in the Cortez High School - Cortesians Yearbook (Phoenix, AZ) collection:
Are you trying to find old school friends, old classmates, fellow servicemen or shipmates? Do you want to see past girlfriends or boyfriends? Relive homecoming, prom, graduation, and other moments on campus captured in yearbook pictures. Revisit your fraternity or sorority and see familiar places. See members of old school clubs and relive old times. Start your search today!
Looking for old family members and relatives? Do you want to find pictures of parents or grandparents when they were in school? Want to find out what hairstyle was popular in the 1920s? E-Yearbook.com has a wealth of genealogy information spanning over a century for many schools with full text search. Use our online Genealogy Resource to uncover history quickly!
Are you planning a reunion and need assistance? E-Yearbook.com can help you with scanning and providing access to yearbook images for promotional materials and activities. We can provide you with an electronic version of your yearbook that can assist you with reunion planning. E-Yearbook.com will also publish the yearbook images online for people to share and enjoy.
Material on this website is protected by copyright laws of the United States and international treaties.
No protected images or material on this website may be copied or printed without express authorization.